Monday, November 24, 2008

Still life with birds

Acrylic on canvas, 16"x20"


I read a quote yesterday--"Depression is creativity unexpressed." I decided to test the theory that my crabbiness is not just related to holiday preparations, my growing to-do list or the economy. It has been so long since I have painted that my palette paper had mildew. So, am I less irritable? Maybe, I haven't really been tested yet. I may not have a new sunny outlook, but I do have a new painting of stuff in my family room.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Beth said...

Nice. I really like the colors in it, and the texture.

M said...

Maybe the idea about creativity relieving depression is that once you've created something, you can look at it and say, "Okay, I did that!" And that feeling of accomplishment begins to assuage the feelings of ennui...