Monday, July 7, 2008

Well tended garden

mixed media on 8"x10" canvas panel


I painted this in Lynn Marshall-Linnemeier's Photo-Based Mixed Media class. The photo is one of my favorites of my mother and my daughter. Pumpkin was less than a day old and my mom had slept in the hospital waiting for her. I love my mother's loving gaze and the quietness of the photo and I wanted to place them in a peaceful natural environment while acknowledging the meaningful transition that had just occurred.

This piece is part of a series I have planned. Pumpkin was named for my grandmother who was named for her grandmother and I am planning pieces that focus on each of them. Certain themes, such as the family/tree, will probably be reused.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love this! Has Mom seen it yet?