Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Painting tonight

I decided to paint a self-portrait tonight. DJ is (way) out of town & Pumpkin is fast asleep. We are supposed to have violent storms tonight, so I listened to the thunder and waited for Pumpkin to wake up or a tree to fall on the house. Luckily DJ took the camera with her--otherwise I may have been tempted to photograph and post it here. I look suspicious. I don't know if that is because I doubt my intentions or my competency, or if it because I was thinking about all the other things I should be doing other than painting. I should be doing dishes, I should be folding laundry, I should be sweeping the floor, I should be cleaning the counters, I should be cleaning out the tub, I should be picking up my bedroom, I should be getting my lunch ready for tomorrow, I should be composting those over-ripe strawberries, I should be getting a better job, I should be doing yoga, I should be cleaning the toilets. I should get some sleep.

No comments: